Simple stir fried chicken from Combodia, ginger plays a big role in Cambodian cooking, particularly in stir fried dishes.
- Peanut or sesame oil or vegetable oil – 2tbsp
- Garlic – 3 cloves (finely sliced in strips)
- Fresh young root ginger – 50g (2 oz) (peeled & finely sliced in strips)
- Fresh Thai chillies – 1-2 (seeded & finely sliced in strips)
- Boneless chicken breasts or boned chicken legs, skinned – 4
- Fish sauce – 2 tbsp
- Granulated or palm sugar – 2 tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Coriander leaves – a small bunch (roughly chopped)
Clean and cut chicken into bite sized chunks. Heat a wok, add in oil. Add garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir them until fragrant and golden.
Add chicken and toss around wok for 1-2 minutes. Stir in fish sauce and sugar, and stir fry for 4-5 minutes more.
Season with pepper and add some of coriander.
Transfer chicken onto a serving dish and garnish with the remaining coriander.
Serve hot with jasmine rice.